So I released Haiku Hero, and then promptly vanished off to Japan to hang out with the cool folks from Nigoro/Asterizm, sing Karoke, and eat delicious chicken katsu. (I’m not actually cool enough to know them personally, but got a rare chance to tag along when master translator extrodinaire Shih Tzu went a’visiting. Since him, apparently, I am cool enough to know personally.)
It was a good two weeks! But now I’m back, and digging out from under all the things I put off in the meantime. Not the least of which is press coverage! Yes, humble haiku hero has managed to get at least a bit of decent press, thanks to its unusual premise and peoples’ innate love of writing silly things while under constraints.
So! What are people saying? Click on to find out!
- Rock Paper Shotgun’s inestimable Kieron Gillen found time to write up this nice piece, before riding off into the sunset, and out of RPS. Farewell, Kieron, you will be missed!
- Got a nice mention over at TIGSource, as well. Yay!
- The IndieGames blog also covered it!
- Gamers With Jobs wrote up this marvelous writeup, in celebration of National Punctuation Day. Thanks guys!
- PlanetDamage gave me a mention as well! Nice!
Also, the High Coup journal was nice enough to give me a brief interview about the game, seeing how it directly relates to their particular subject matter.
So yeah! Nice stuff all around! And as a bonus, most of the comment threads spawned had comments entirely in haikus themselves. Fun times!